Thursday 8 December 2011

15mm Prussian 1806 (1)

A few months back I completed a couple of Napoleonic purchases with 1 of our cousins from the USA (Von Blucher). With us enjoying the same hobby we kept in contact and have shared some very pleasant and helpful correspondence (The internet certainly does shrink the world). Anyway Von Blucher (John) is a brilliant figure painter and has allowed me to post some pictures of his fine work.
     
1st up are some of Von Bluchers command stands.
   
As you will most probably know already if Naps are your thing these figures are from the 1806 AB Prussian range. A range I don't know myself in great detail.
   
This figure is 1 of my favourites, I have him converted to a Bavarian ADC ready to paint so to see how John has tackled him is very helpful.
  
I think John and I have a very similar style for painting uniforms and horses? I am a little lazy on the faces of my figures by just using 1 flesh tone over my black undercoat giving a high contrast. I decided early on with my collection that I just didn't have enough available time to add the extra detail. I very much prefer how John does his!
   
I particularly like John's horses as although we have the same style of painting I have a tendency to go way to dark and subtle with my horses.
  
This horse (and rider) is stunning! I love the shading on the horse.
   
When I see a collection of well painted figures like these I instantly want to go and get my paints out!
 
I'm sure you will have found John's figures as inspiring as I have and I will post more pics soon.

18 comments:

Rodger said...

Incredable results. Wonderful looking troops.

The Angry Lurker said...

His stuff is very good...I like his style.

Steve h said...

lovely stuff! real good attention to deatail

Ken said...

These figures are very well finsiehed indeed.

cheers

Ken

Phyllion said...

Lovely stuff. Just found your blog. Bot my scale, but impressive stuff

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

real nice work

Stryker said...

Paul - lovely looking figures and very much in your own style.

Ian

Ray Rousell said...

They're very very nice indeed, I like the red reins, they really look excellent!!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Yes indeed, very nice results he achieved!

Christopher

Ben Gilmour said...

Brilliant stuff!

I'm sure they not really 15mm ;-)

RazorOne223 said...

Very nice!!! they would look great at the head of "my" Jena Prussians...;)

Cheers

John (Von Blucher) said...

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments, and thanks to my host, Paul for doing an amazing job with the images I sent him.

Phil said...

Superb figures, as usually.
The details are amazing!

Paulalba said...

Your very welcome John,
As everyone says you have done a great job on your figs.

It's a cracking collection and very inspiring!!!

I'll post more soon.

Best regards
Paul

MiniMike said...

These are excellent...Very nice painting

Unknown said...

Crazy good stuff - thanks for posting that.

I find that photographing up close like that tends to increase the perception of highlighting ... so in the flesh it must look extremely subtle and realistic.

Perfect painting !

Vasiliy Levashov said...

Excellent work!!! Hats off in the admire!

Schrumpfkopf said...

Brilliant miniatures, brilliant painting. Ensures me in my wish to build a proper 15mm Battalion sometime soon.

Kind regards